The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 10:25 PM

john montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the rough
Default Speaking of carp

Ran into this guy on Wednesday:
Click the image to open in full size.

He tried to steal one of my soft hackles, but he couldn't quite make it to the weedbeds to get away!

Most of the fish were up shallow in the gravel, so there were some heart pounding, fish with backs out of the water moments for sure. I don't really understand how anyone can look at a tailing carp and NOT get excited? I stuck some fish and saw some backing...the bad news is the season is winding down now.

The long cold winter is ahead, and I will have to go fish for steelhead.

Carp on the Fly
Old 08-23-2012, 10:46 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Speaking of carp

Dang bro that is a pig! Makes me wanna go carpin in the ghetto tomorrow! We've got some slobs in the canal here but none I've seen look like they have the body mass of that! Ours seem alot longer but much more slender.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!! A face that only a Mother could love.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 08-24-2012, 10:05 AM

piscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura aboutpiscatorial_phd has a spectacular aura about

That looks like a blast on the flats!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:33 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

John: Very nice work, I bet that big guy put up one heck of a fight! Loved the face shot. Casting to fish with there backs out of the water had to be exciting.
Now that is a very sad story.......Having to give up Carp fishing for Steelies, I sure feel sorry for you!

Larry
Old 08-24-2012, 12:32 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

What a nice mustache you have Mr. Carp!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:40 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Oh no, you're gonna start posting pictures here?!?! its bad enough reading your blog haha. That is an excellent fish good sir.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 08-24-2012, 02:01 PM

john montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the rough

I can't help it...when people talk carp I get all excited.

It has come a long ways from a few years ago...much more acceptable to be a carp guy now.

Carp on the Fly
Old 08-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

WOW That's what we call a "satchel" herehow do you know it's a guy?even gals got a mustache
Old 08-24-2012, 04:06 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

I don't know what kind of gals you are into, but I'll gladly let you have them!