The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By caseywise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 08:27 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default cold mornings, warm afternoons

so i went down to the local lake this morning to try and catch some gills, crappies or bass.
temp at 8 am 49 degrees. 3 bluegills and 1 small bass over almost an hour of fishing ..
went back at 3 pm, temp 79, caught 30 plus gills,a dozen or so crappies ans a few decent lmb......

casey
Hardyreels likes this.

ARFE
Old 09-26-2012, 05:30 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice
Default Re: cold mornings, warm afternoons

The seasons are a' changing.

Your post reminded me that I'm planning of getting a stream thermometer for Fall and Winter this year. If you can find that water that's a little warmer it can make a difference. The "stick your finger in the water" method I used last year isn't very accurate.

Sounds like a good fishing trip you had.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:47 PM

ted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to all
Default Re: cold mornings, warm afternoons

Heh, not more than a few weeks ago it was the early mornings I wanted to fish. Now it's almost the exact opposite. I realized today while I was driving through the valleys that Autumn is most definitely here. We're halfway through our fall colors already if I had to guess. Temps down into the 30's at night aren't helping matters either. I already miss the summer.