The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 03:08 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default They're BAAAACK

Not sure where to put this, but

Carp action slowed down for the month of Sept. They were still hitting but I had to really work to find them.
Plus they seemed smaller. Still fought great.

WelI got out Monday and today for an hour or two.
Monday was a little slow going trying to find what they wanted and due to the surroundings, working on a good long roll cast.
Aster about a half hour, I decided to attach a glow in the dark Thingamabobber, which appears clear, like a bubble on the water. This is pretty shallow section right now, so I think this was a good thing.
I had my softhackle Glowbug about four feet down from the indy and of all things, a stonefly nymph about 3' down.
I cast it out to some shadows and waited. It went down so I tried to set the hook. A little resistance than nothing.
I cast out again and this time, the indy went down slightly, then to the side, so I Bill Danced it! Worked!
really well actually.
Today, it was definitely the trick! Try it!
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:36 PM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma
Default Re: They're BAAAACK

By Bill Dancing it...does it mean you crossed it's eyes when you hook set?
Old 10-31-2012, 03:44 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Great looking carp Joni! So you were catching them on the glow bug as well as the stonefly? Under a thingamabobba while you were falling down like Bill Dance often does? Is that the system? Just kidding! Cool fish !
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 10-31-2012, 03:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joni, Congrats on the great looking Carp!

Larry

Old 10-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by okuma View Post
By Bill Dancing it...does it mean you crossed it's eyes when you hook set?
LMAO...exactly. Throw a hip out, wrench your back, the whole thing...LOL
The boz, funny you mentioned falling down...not quite, but almost fast first!
Old 10-31-2012, 06:24 PM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

Carp are so cool, any bigger you might have run out of net, would you guess them in the 7-8 pound range or maybe the 10-12 range maybe hard to tell but they look very nice.

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 10-31-2012, 06:28 PM

I would like to get a scale some day. I run with 5 weights and these are more than that by a long shot. The one in the net was a little one. Most I scoop the head and quickly lay the rod down and grab the tail. I just know I am going to loose my rod/reel/line some day to one good flip and take off.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
I just know I am going to loose my rod/reel/line some day to one good flip and take off.
Not if you can swim fast! Those are fun fish. It's been a long time since I've been anywhere I could get Carp. Closest thing I have here is Redhorse. If you can call that close.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fish Joni...wonder where I can take Bill Dancing lessons
Old 11-01-2012, 05:58 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Closest thing I have here is Redhorse. If you can call that close.
there's really no carp in LOW? wow

redhorse are so cool, i really wanted to catch one for the last few years and finally just got one this last year on the very north section of the wisconsin river. Rough fish are so underrated as fly fishing quarry, love chasing them in the summer months

"my first red horse"

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing