The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 08:38 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Warm water fish in cold weather

Got some last day casting in before my lake froze.
Click the image to open in full size.
A few LMs

A good pick

A nice eye

Another LM

A nice one to end the day.
And the next day the lake froze over.
Joni, mcnerney, williamhj and 6 others like this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 11-29-2012, 08:43 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Warm water fish in cold weather

Wahoo! Nice. I hooked a nice sized Bass yesterday, but not like the last picture. Jealous.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:00 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

WOW!! that last lm is huge
nice job, especially in those conditions

casey

ARFE
Old 11-29-2012, 09:17 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Wahoo! Nice. I hooked a nice sized Bass yesterday, but not like the last picture. Jealous.
That's my son sticking it to me! A rare moment , comes home for a few days and gets lucky haha! And of course that's on FB with a side by side with my smaller bass ! And of course he Quotes " the lord has blessed us all today but he's been particularly good to me!" from RRTI!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:53 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

That last one certainly is a killer LM. We're chasing stripers and then tarpon together next year, right??

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
That last one certainly is a killer LM. We're chasing stripers and then tarpon together next year, right??
Anytime you can find time with your schedule I'm there! Never have to twist my arm!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:28 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

I was hoping the water around here hadn't froze over yet.. But it was too late
Old 11-30-2012, 02:54 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

That Largemouth your son got was a monster. Pretty cool you got a Walleye to. I also like the Chain Pickeral. I have never caught one of them.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:00 AM

Bigger chains give a good account of themselves! It's a shame people here don't appreciate them ,many get tossed on the bank and left for the animals . The think the pickerel hurt the Bass and Walleye populations ! Well obviously they're wrong!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 AM

schiff has a spectacular aura aboutschiff has a spectacular aura about

Boz, very nice fish...! The Pickeral are always fun and you have a lot of them in the Poconos...lucky dog. I am only an hour from there, but just never seem to find time to get up there. I'll have to put this on my list for 2013. I used to fish Shahola Lake when I was younger and really miss that lake. It is 2 hours from me, but need to get back there.
Thanks for the pictures. They really will haunt me all winter...lol.