The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 10:09 PM

dpreller is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Some recent tying!

thats great ive fished in those areas too and also fish out of a gheenoe. great little boats arent they. have you ever fished the ponds at idylewild. they can be really cool too. a little tought to get to with a boat but that helps keep the crowds away.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:12 AM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice

Cool - I was just going to add that I have some pistol pete flies (with a prop-type spinner) and find them nearly impossible to cast. Even roll casting them to the surface first, and then attempting a backcast usually didn't work.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:18 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Quote:
thats great ive fished in those areas too and also fish out of a gheenoe. great little boats arent they. have you ever fished the ponds at idylewild.
Yes, the Gheenoe is a great craft for shallow water angling, which is what I do most. I've not fished at Idylwild, but have fished Marshyhope, which is certainly another possible spot to try this winter.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:08 PM

dpreller is on a distinguished road

ive fished idylwild a good bit its a neat trip hauling the gheenoe back there and hopping from pond to pond. usually not many people there either. if you wanna give it a shot sometime shoot me a pm ill give you a tour.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:48 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

I don't do much pond hopping with my Gheenoe. It has 2 swivel seats mounted on metal pedestals which makes it a bit heavy. Even getting it in & out of my truck bed has become a chore. I can still do it, but like to be at the waters edge. I'm not a young man!

I may take you up on that tour someday! Thanks for the offer!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!