The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 07:08 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Carpin

I caught hundreds this year all within 15 miles of home and 99% on the same fly
Click the image to open in full size.
bugslinger likes this.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:09 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

I can't wait until it gets warmer!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:22 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hear that! But for some reason, I am catching a lot of LMB in the same carp water lately. Even today under ice edges.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:24 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

I'm still catching lmb in the ponds, by not having any luck with anything else. I want to go to the lake to target walleye, but I just haven't made it yet.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:43 PM

john montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the rough

Once the water temps to below 50 out here, the carp won't come into the shallows. Most of the fish I chase are in knee deep water, so that means I am done until spring. I wish they were a year round fish for me, by far my favorite target.

Carp on the Fly
Old 12-21-2012, 07:45 PM

Mine too. I hooked one a week ago, but couldn't land it. Got an adrenalin fix though.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:46 PM

We tried last week, but got nothing. Ended up playing with the spey rods...
Old 12-21-2012, 07:48 PM

Thats my next step...the spey.
Guest1 likes this.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:51 PM

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to swing on my river. It's 20-30' deep. Just purchased a custom cut IScandi head for getting deep. Can't wait until gets warm enough to try it!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:12 PM

cowpokey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
I caught hundreds this year all within 15 miles of home and 99% on the same fly
Great fish, what is your goto fly?