The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By wabi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 02:24 PM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice
Default like summer in January

A very nice warm day here in southern Ohio today. Started off with a bit of rain, but it cleared off and I had to give a farm pond a try.
Took the 2wt and soon found the 'gills were enjoying a bit of warmth, too.
Click the image to open in full size.

Nothing big, but I did manage to catch several and the owner came along with his 3wt and got in on the fun, too.
swirlchaser and thorsten like this.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:31 PM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: like summer in January

nice fish!

We're warm here, too, though I did not fish. Debated going deer hunting but decided against that, too.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:40 PM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

I think its weird these warm and mild winters in Chicago. 2nd year in a row. Maybe I just watched too many apocalypse shows on that H2 network...

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 01-13-2013, 02:12 AM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Most still water here in Nebraska is covered in 8"+ of ice. High temp in the single digits, with a windchill in the negative teens or twenties. I'm Jealous!!!
Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 AM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice

What size flies do you typically toss with that 2 weight? I love fishing bluegill and have a 3 weight that I always think about using, but nearly always grab the 5 instead.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:47 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

nice!!
looking at that makes me wanna go fishing bad(got a new 4 weight glass rod that i'm dieing to fish).
nice job on a jan hookup no action like that around here(12 degrees) as every thing is frozen like an ice cube

btw, that little slv is a sweet reel. my wife uses the same one on her 2 weight

casey

ARFE
Old 01-13-2013, 07:53 AM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineblade View Post
What size flies do you typically toss with that 2 weight? I love fishing bluegill and have a 3 weight that I always think about using, but nearly always grab the 5 instead.
Those were a #14 "improved mm minnow" http://ultralightflyfishing.com/foru...hp?f=94&t=6643.
I usually tie #12 & #14 fly for that type of fishing (targeting 'gills), and a 2 or 3wt rod is always in the truck.

Quote:
btw, that little slv is a sweet reel. my wife uses the same one on her 2 weight
Casey, I own several SLV reels and love them. I think I have 2 in the 2/3 size, but I may have 3 if I do an inventory.

Last edited by wabi; 01-13-2013 at 07:59 AM. Reason: add info