The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 11:09 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thought is was a Gill, until she realized she was hooked.

We had a nice warm spell last week but winter has made it's way back. I had a doctors appt this morning so I figured I'd make a pit stip before work. Luckily I had a 6 wt and a few Buggers in the truck.
The water was a bit chilly, after about a dozen casts I felt a small bump. The rod barely bent as the fish took a left, as I raised the rod I quickly realized it wasn't the brave little Blue Gil I though it was. She ran twice before she finally gave up and came in. This should make my work day a little easier.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:30 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Thought is was a Gill, until she realized she was hooked.

a pleasant suprise

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 01-14-2013, 12:13 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Man I miss pickerel!
swirlchaser likes this.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:26 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_wi_fishing View Post
a pleasant suprise
Yes it was. I fishing a pretty small bugger, probably an 8. Bigger Pikerel like that one usually go for the big, flashy stuff. I must have dropped it right on his nose.

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
Man I miss pickerel!
I'll FedEx you a few, just drop them in your local pond
Old 01-14-2013, 12:30 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

I'm looking at it out my window! Plenty of forage,cover, the nine yards. Ohio does stock a few local lakes but its all big water.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wt bash View Post
I'm looking at it out my window! Plenty of forage,cover, the nine yards. Ohio does stock a few local lakes but its all big water.
I'm sure you could get it stocked with some Pikerel, if it have forage and panfish they'll do just fine
Old 01-14-2013, 12:36 PM

Cool, send me two males and two females! I'll put a pair in the lake and the other in the canal.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice

If I was catching fish that size I'd be tempted to just forget work for the rest of the day.
mcnerney and frogg like this.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:42 PM

Wabi you got any pickerel lakes/ponds by you?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabi View Post
If I was catching fish that size I'd be tempted to just forget work for the rest of the day.
It was tough Mike, I actually didn't even have time to stop. With the temps dropping again I made an executive decision to "find" some time.