The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 08:01 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice
Default My luck is still rolling:)

well a week or two ago i caught what was then, by far my best bass ever on a flyrod. but today i caught my best bass by far with any type of equipment! even though this was at a farm pond...this fish took out the majority of my flyline and at one point wrapped itself up in a tree top! let me tell you that seeing this gal explode into the air was an awesome sight. i used my TFO Hawgleg and my Allen Alpha II reel spooled with S.A. bass taper line. the fly used was a white and chartuese weighted clouser. Blessed day indeed!!!!

btw- the fish weighed 7.5#

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

my fishing buddy was amazed my oldest was mad b/c he didnt want to go and he saw what i came home with....so hes determined to catch one bigger

Old 02-09-2013, 08:11 PM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice
Default Re: My luck is still rolling:)

That bests any bass I've ever caught! Very nice
Old 02-09-2013, 08:12 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice bass indeed, are you having it mounted?

Dave
Old 02-09-2013, 08:15 PM

woodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the roughwoodrivertroutbum is a jewel in the rough

Very nice fish. Shame you won't be able to catch it when it is 8lbs.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:00 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Great fish - had to be a blast to catch!

But, those are the bass you want to release - big fish make big fish babies.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:07 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

thanks guys and yes i usually release most fish, unless im gonna eat them. the pond owner asked me to remove several big bass. he wants his crappie to thrive....so i gladly brought it home, measured, weighed, and fillet it up for dinner i'll be having a replica made now.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 AM

wabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nicewabi is just really nice

That is a very nice bass!
Since the owner wanted it removed you did the right thing.
I used to fish a private pond where the owner had a strict C&R policy. He tried to kill off vegetation one summer and killed every big fish in the pond.
I wouldn't have kept any bass, but it sure was depressing to see those 8-10 lb catfish wasted.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that is one nice bass, congrats!

Larry
Old 02-10-2013, 08:38 AM

jessezm is on a distinguished road

Just awesome! Were you casting straight out? Tell us how/where you caught it.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:07 AM

i caught it on the north end, which is the deeper part( around 12-14ft.) but its also full of sunken cedar trees. after getting hung up several times using a craw pattern. i switched to the clouser and did a 10 count down and started short stripping it in. after the 3-4 strip the bass hit it HARD! then the surface of the water looked like a toilet bowl flushing this big fish came flying out of the water and then it took ALOT of line, before i finally landed it.
ditz and pa dave like this.