The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 08:31 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice
Default It's almost time

I think it might have finally stopped snowing around here, and it looks like warm temperatures (45 degrees) are on their way this weekend. Its about time I got all my stuff together and started preparing for a day on the water.

I grabbed all my flies from my cubicle wall at work (I had them decorating my space to make the winter pass a little easier) and have them all tucked away and organized. All I need now is some sunshine and a patch of water that isn't ice. It's almost time....

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:37 AM

raindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud ofraindogt has much to be proud of
Default Re: It's almost time

Nice! I hope you are right with your prediction.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:46 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Nick: Very nice selection of flies! We haven't been getting much snow out here in Wyoming so we are still hoping for some really monster spring storms either snow or rain would do.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:59 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Nick: Very nice selection of flies! We haven't been getting much snow out here in Wyoming so we are still hoping for some really monster spring storms either snow or rain would do.
Thanks. Every one tied myself. I think if we split all the snow and rain we got around here then we would both be better off.
woodrivertroutbum and kayo like this.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:43 PM

kingofamberley is on a distinguished road

Here's my box of flies that I tied this winter. Its only buggers and clousers, but I have a lot of variety in clousers! I think next I will tie some sort of top water flies. I also just got a TFO Professional 6 wt on sale at the Bass Pro spring classic. I can't wait for spring!
kayo and bugslinger like this.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofamberley View Post
Here's my box of flies that I tied this winter. Its only buggers and clousers, but I have a lot of variety in clousers! I think next I will tie some sort of top water flies. I also just got a TFO Professional 6 wt on sale at the Bass Pro spring classic. I can't wait for spring!
Nice selection. Good looking clousers.
bugslinger likes this.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:00 PM

streamwalker has a spectacular aura aboutstreamwalker has a spectacular aura about

welp it is time here!! heading out tomorrow morning on the kayak to try and land some sun fish and maybe a few bass.. in the mean time im trying to remember where i placed one of my fly boxes!! i have one with small poppers and grass hoppers and water spiders but i cant find the box with my buggers and clousers! im really hoping i left it in the truck and i will find it in the morning on the way out! if not then i guess i will be throwing top water stuff all day
Old 03-02-2013, 11:49 PM

Went out today to scout out some local ponds (recently moved). Threw a line in the water for a few minutes but didn't get or see any action.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:04 AM

bugslinger is on a distinguished road

I'ts starting to smell like spring , the Robins are starting to use the suet feeders, Starlings are coming back ... won't be long until the muddy season. Tried a DHALO stretch yesterday, saw several Mink, A fox and a Racoon , no fish.. Nice box Nick.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:12 PM

streamwalker has a spectacular aura aboutstreamwalker has a spectacular aura about
Default It's almost time

Just got off the water..I kayaked up a old stream that flows into a good sized pond.threw a few different flies but only hooked one fish on a black bugger fish came right off the hook so I didn't even get to see it..but had to get off the water to go pick up the girlfriend.

Tomorrow is suppose to be in the high 50s so hopefully I will have some better luck tomorrow!