The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 07:29 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice
Default Bronzeback trip made!

well i had some fish trip points to cash in today.... my wife was out of town all last week( for fun) and i had to fend off the 2 kiddos all week so i took the morning off work and headed to a local creek with my new TFO PRO II 6wt., Allen Trout 2 reel, and new RIO smallmouth line. i was excited to be pursuing my favorite fish with new gear. first few pools i had a few dinks but then on the next deep pool i hooked a MONSTER! she jumped one time and i watched my clouser go flying in the air!! i was so devestated, my buddy just looked at me in shock. i told him i gotta stay here and fish awhile longer....within the next 4 cast i hooked up again! this fish jumped and jumped and really worked the drag. i finally landed her, got a few pics, and released her unharmed. i stopped fishing after that...it couldnt get any better

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:55 PM

biggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nicebiggie_robs is just really nice
Default Re: Bronzeback trip made!

Oh boy, that is a real nice fish! I love the color.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:08 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

looks like you had a great outing!
nice spring smallie as well
still snow and ice here, but it looks like
were gettin close

casey

ARFE
Old 03-15-2013, 08:10 PM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Excellent!

Any thoughts on why you lost the monster (too low weight tippet, poor knot, etc.)? What type leader and tippet were you using?
Old 03-15-2013, 08:31 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

What was your heart rate right after the 1st jump? Those are cool fish...excellent! -Mike
Old 03-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Dang! That's a nice fish. I'm jealous. I am a long way away from doing that. Stll have three feet of ice on the river and cold enough we are still building ice. This is going to be a late Spring here.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:04 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

Thanks guys!!

Dakotakid-my line didnt break...she simply umhooked on the jump from slack.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:14 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Color me jealous. That's a nice fish! The fact you don't have a glove, hat, and heavy winter jacket makes me even more jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Dang! That's a nice fish. I'm jealous. I am a long way away from doing that. Stll have three feet of ice on the river and cold enough we are still building ice. This is going to be a late Spring here.

We're in the same boat down here. Forecast highs in the mid-upper 20's through next week, along with a snowstorm on Monday. I've decided spring has thought it best to just skip over Minnesota.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:21 PM

fichy will become famous soon enough

Awesome, about a month for me. Thanks for sharing those pigs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:37 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful fb SM!!! Thanks for sharing that memorable hog!!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser