The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 09:29 PM

flyguy97 is on a distinguished road
Default Snakeheads

Hello everyone, I live between Baltimore and Washington DC so the Potomac, Patuxent, and other snakehead infested waters are readily available to me. I live very close to where the first northern snakeheads were found in the US and ever since then I wanted to catch one. I have tied up a large articulated beast for my 9 weight and also some deer hair poppers, but was thinking that large bass flies and poppers should work fine. Any opinions or tips for my adventure? PS I will post the fly when I get the chance. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:33 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Snakeheads

"infested waters"... more like opportunistic waters... would love to fish for a snakehead!

Anything I've seen about snakeheads... they will take just about anything that's put in front of their face... kinda like our bowfin here
Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

They are extremely difficult to convice to eat a fly, so good luck with them.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-05-2013, 11:46 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Got one in a canal in Miami while fishing for Peacock Bass. Hit a Clouser like a
freight train!Our guide says he gets them when targeting other things with Clousers but when he targets Snakeheads he uses a frog pattern.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser