The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 10:12 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice
Default accidental catch...

well i know ive been posting lots of reports but the weather has been great and the stripe, smallies, and LM are really moving so today while filling my cooler with stripe i saw a dark figure in front of me coming out of the main channel and circling the flats i was wading. i cast ahead and started stripping the clouser in. then the line goes tight and my reel started singing like i was into a bonefish!! crank the drag down and start wearing the fish down. i honestly thought i had a trophy stripe.....well it was a gill hooked buffalo LOL! still fun on a 6wt. and really let me know that i can handle a big stripe

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: accidental catch...

That took a while to land!

Wow

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-10-2013, 10:41 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

yes it did!! my Allen reel worked flawless on stopping his quick runs...which i thought would NEVER end
Old 04-10-2013, 11:21 PM

john montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the rough

Buffalo are awesome...I wish I could fish for them out here.

Carp on the Fly
Old 04-11-2013, 05:58 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I bet that big guy put up a heck of a battle, congrats and keep the trip reports coming we all enjoy seeing what you are catching!

Old 04-11-2013, 08:43 AM

thanks guys! we've been blessed with some beautiful weather here lately and i take my lunch break on the water...which is 5 min. from my job
Old 04-11-2013, 09:00 AM

wannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to beholdwannafish is a splendid one to behold

Never heard of a buffalo fish; unless I'm making a fool of myself and that's actually a nick name

Nice catch at any rate!
Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

i see lots of buffalo in the creeks up here, but man they are dang near impossible to get to eat. we usually just poke em with the rod tip and move on.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 04-11-2013, 10:27 AM

osok will become famous soon enoughosok will become famous soon enough

With a 6 wt., man you were busy with that brute.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:39 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

cool looking fish...looks like a freshwater goliath grouper to me