The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By angelo1987
  • 5 Post By Guest1
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 2 Post By Rip Tide
  • 1 Post By Guest1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 05:38 PM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough
Default Finally got the fly rod back with nice Gill.

Hey all, It's been one hell yea a year for me so far. Already broke my fly rod tip twice this year and both times weren't my fault. My wife broke my tip section back in March on the steps walking upstairs and than on Opening day was April 6th while putting my fly rod down to get my spinning tackle ready a game warden comes up to me asking about how was I making out fly fishing I told him not to good, and few mins later he left as soon as I got my spinning tackle already I looked back and there is my tip broke in half called the guy back over and he just had the nerve to say ''Oh Sorry Buddy'' And got in his truck and lefted! Well Thank god that Orvis didn't take too long to receive my rod only 10-days and I'am back fly fishing! Finally 2-days ago had the chance to take it out to catch a few Bluegill's. Caught this lovely one. It felt great to cast it again and hooking fish!

Click the image to open in full size.
milt spawn likes this.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally got the fly rod back with nice Gill.

Got that unibomber look going for you there. Nice fish though.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:38 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

You gotta love that Orvis warranty, hopefully that is the last of your bad luck with the rod issues! Congrats on the nice Gill!
attila likes this.

Larry
Old 04-23-2013, 08:12 AM

pete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura aboutpete a has a spectacular aura about

Nice fish, we're sending my oldest son's 8wt Sage Vantage back for the escond time. Tips get eaten for sure, I got 2 sons, 4 car doors, 1 truck/hatch.......... @#$% happens.

The small cost the factories charge is a small price to keep my sons to fishing with me.

Pete A.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:50 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Not that I don't feel for ya.... I've broken a few rods in my day
But if you left your rod somewhere where it could get stepped on..
Then it was your fault
sorry, but taking care of your gear is your own responsibility
Guest1 and attila like this.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:42 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
But if you left your rod somewhere where it could get stepped on..
Then it was your fault
sorry, but taking care of your gear is your own responsibility
If warrenties were not so good, more people would be more carefull with their rods, and we would all be paying less for them. I have busted one fly rod in my whole life. Knock on wood. Hooked a tree behind me trying to bomb a long cast with high tight space behind me. Shouldn't even have tried to cast there with a single hand rod. It was dumb.

Laying a rod on the ground or the floor is asking for disaster. Unless you bring Orange cones and caution tape. A cautionary tale for those of us who don't want a busted rod.
turbineblade likes this.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:37 PM

attila will become famous soon enough

What about G Loomis ? Their warranty isn't so great(they do stand behind the product though) and yet their prices are way up there with the rest.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:55 AM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough

I understand where you guys are coming from. But where I was fishing at there is no where to place your pole at only thing I could do was place it on the ground it's a pretty steep incline, but than again I could of walk to 200 yards or so back to my car so I guess I was being lazy but thought no one would step on my rod either.