The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My first UL hookup

Sounds like Loads of fun,
I cannot imagine 2wt, I was fishing a 3wt bamboo this weekend catching small bows and whitefish. Loads of fun. The more years I spend fly fishing, I find my favorite rod weight keeps going down and down. (unless chasing BIG fish of course.)

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 04-30-2013, 02:38 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

It's really a lot of fun. Also makes you realize that those heavy rods you previously used didn't give you as much benefit as you thought. I can sling some some serious line with my 2wt, even with larger flies.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:18 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

ULs are a lot of fun. I've even been using my 1 wt on bass and pickerel in my beaver pond.

Bends like crazy, but hasn't broken yet.