The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 09:14 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Testing out the GoPro

Took the Gopro out for it's maiden voyage with the chest strap. I'm pretty pleased with it. Gina was dragging a small Clouser behind a bobber, sorry "strike indicator"

http://youtu.be/Lax16-SOoUA
wannafish and runningfish like this.

Last edited by swirlchaser; 05-03-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:41 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Testing out the GoPro

Video is private...no can looksie.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 05-03-2013, 09:43 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
Video is private...no can looksie.
Lol, ooops. All good now. Anyone know how to embed the video so you don't have to open a Youtube page to watch it?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:22 AM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

Awesome! I've been thinking of getting one.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbchilton View Post
Awesome! I've been thinking of getting one.
It's pretty cool. As a rule the chest mount records what your hands are doing. I find it a lot more comfortable than the head mount.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:28 AM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

That's great feedback. Do you think the chest mount would get in the way with my sling pack?
Old 05-03-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbchilton View Post
That's great feedback. Do you think the chest mount would get in the way with my sling pack?
I use an Orvis sling pack, it works very well. All of the straps on the chest harness are made of elastic bands so it fits very comfortably. You barely feel it.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
I use an Orvis sling pack, it works very well. All of the straps on the chest harness are made of elastic bands so it fits very comfortably. You barely feel it.
Cool. That's exactly what I have.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:49 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

I have the chest pack and really like the view when your reeling in a fish . At first I thought my hands would be in the way but that doesn't seem to be true . I'll have to post the Peacock Bass video I got. Nice pickerel ! They eat all the flys no discrimination there! They take nice underwater shots also!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 05-03-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
I have the chest pack and really like the view when your reeling in a fish . At first I thought my hands would be in the way but that doesn't seem to be true . I'll have to post the Peacock Bass video I got. Nice pickerel ! They eat all the flys no discrimination there! They take nice underwater shots also!
I haven't tried the underwater shots yet. Heading to Sandy Hook after work, if I have enough daylight I'll try to shoot some more.