The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bpeterson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 PM

bpeterson will become famous soon enough
Default Got into some good ones!

Went to my friends uncles property yesterday and got into some pretty good LMB compared to what I was catching before on the fly.

Here is one of the ponds we were catching and releasing
Click the image to open in full size.

I don't have many pictures of individual catches but here are a few

The other pond on the property is partially owned by a neighbor.... My friends uncle is part of a dove hunting group and spends thousands planting dove fields between the two ponds. Last year he caught the neighbor trespassing and shooting limits of doves with 2 others. Needless to say they got into it and the neighbor claimed "he was getting back at him for taking some fish out the pond that he was stocking".... The only thing is the neighbor only owns 10 percent of the pond, my friends uncle owns the other 90. My friends uncle now hates the guy and told us to keep every fish we caught in that pond if we fished it.

After fishing the larger pond for a few hours we decided to try the other one before we had to leave. After about 45 minutes we had 14 fish in the cooler.

We caught about 25 total between the two of us. Made for a great day of fishing!
Old 05-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Got into some good ones!

Wow,

That's a slew of bass!

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-06-2013, 07:59 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Do you eat the bass? Is it any good?
Old 05-06-2013, 08:14 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
I dont like to eat fish, but bass filleted, cut into small chips, breaded and deep fried is better then crappie. It tastes 1000% better then trout do.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 05-06-2013, 10:33 AM

dpreller is on a distinguished road

awsome ! Itook a break from the trout for some warmwater fishing yesterday. took my 4wt and my 6wt to a local reservior yesterday after some stud bluegill. took about a half hour to realize it still a touch early for the gills so i gotthe six and a clouser out. had a ball with the chain pickerel some crappies and a couple bass.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:04 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on a great outing! Too bad the two neighbors can't get along better than they do.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:55 AM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

awesome job! love the color of that alpha reel! and those are the perfect size for frying
Old 05-06-2013, 11:55 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Agreed about the neighbors. I would urge you not to actually keep all the fish you catch. Not fair to take out your spite on the fish. They are still living creatures.

If you eat them all, that's one thing, if not, I don't like the idea.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:07 PM

bpeterson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
We usually catch and release all the bass we catch but we do have friends that fry em up and they are very good. We cleaned and froze them all and will be frying them next weekend!

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Agreed about the neighbors. I would urge you not to actually keep all the fish you catch. Not fair to take out your spite on the fish. They are still living creatures.

If you eat them all, that's one thing, if not, I don't like the idea.
We are eating all the ones we kept. Cleaned them right when we got back and have them frozen. We might take one more trip before we head up to Tennessee to get some to eat in the cabin but other than that we most likely won't be fishing there much. I'd prefer to catch and release anyways, watching them swim off is part of the fun
nick k likes this.