The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By troutonfly10
  • 1 Post By paflyfish
  • 1 Post By chased
  • 2 Post By South Holston

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 06:59 PM

troutonfly10 has a spectacular aura abouttroutonfly10 has a spectacular aura abouttroutonfly10 has a spectacular aura about
Default Time for some slab gills!

Took my 3 year old brother out for the first time this year and he had a blast catching lots of bluegill. He got mad at me because I told him we had to throw some back! I got to catch a few on a black sponge spider, and I also managed to catch a bout a 1 ft long bass (no pic) on an orange popper. These little fish are fun and easy to catch, good to eat, and great fighters.

Click the image to open in full size.

mcnerney, pete a and nicknick222 like this.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:01 PM
Business Member

South Holston will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Time for some slab gills!

Excellent!
Old 05-27-2013, 07:09 PM

paflyfish is on a distinguished road

Looks like a good time. I took my son (age 10) and daughter out to a local pond yesterday. We caught quite a few bluegill and small bass. We brought about a dozen of the bluegill home for dinner. What meat we did get was good.....but I need to get better at fileting them. I have not done it too much.

Keep taking your brother fishing......he will appreciate it when he gets older.
troutonfly10 likes this.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:20 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Looks like fun! I love chasing big bluegills with foam bugs and poppers. They are so ferocious and hit them with the intent to kill lol! Looks like a little Crappie even snuck its way on to the stringer.

-Chase
troutonfly10 likes this.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:59 PM

troutonfly10 has a spectacular aura abouttroutonfly10 has a spectacular aura abouttroutonfly10 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
Looks like a little Crappie even snuck its way on to the stringer.
Your totally right! We were told that there were only bluegill and bass, being that it was a stocked and private pond. How we cought him I'm still wondering
Old 06-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Business Member

South Holston will become famous soon enough

Here in NC , we call those Bream. An interesting story.. my Dad and I would bream fish just about daily. He had access to some farm ponds with big bream in them. We would use long cane poles and bank fish a lot. We would get in an area that had the bream beds in them. Lot's of times , I would get up and leave a pole or two and walk around the edge and bass fish for a while. Every now and then, I would see my cane pole being pulled out in the lake. it would go around the lake and every time it would come back to the area it was hooked and be waiting for me. True Story.
mcnerney and troutonfly10 like this.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:01 AM

argail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to allargail is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutonfly10 View Post
Took my 3 year old brother out for the first time this year and he had a blast catching lots of bluegill. He got mad at me because I told him we had to throw some back! I got to catch a few on a black sponge spider, and I also managed to catch a bout a 1 ft long bass (no pic) on an orange popper. These little fish are fun and easy to catch, good to eat, and great fighters.
[/URL]
cool necklace
Old 06-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

What a great way to get your little brother into fishing! When I'm visiting the kids, I always make it a point to take my 6 year old grandson out bass fishing, my son has access to a private pond just loaded with smallies and crappie.