The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By troutonfly10
  • 1 Post By theboz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 07:45 PM

troutonfly10 has a spectacular aura abouttroutonfly10 has a spectacular aura abouttroutonfly10 has a spectacular aura about
Default Bass and some Bream!

Got after some bass and huge bluegill with my flyrod the other day! The water was clearer than it has ever been and I was stripping wet flies for gills, and for the bass, I was using poppers, and a muddler minnow. I cought about 15 bluegills, none less than 10 inches, and 6 bass with my flyrod before using some soft plastics for my first time. The fish in this place expirence little fishing pressure maybe 1 time a week, and the fish there grow huge! Next week its time to head for the Black Hills and get after some trout.

Click the image to open in full size.

bmbailes and peter hanman like this.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:18 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bass and some Bream!

Those Greenies are pigs!!! That's has to be one heck of a honey hole for Greens! Nice Bass as well!
troutonfly10 likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-14-2013, 08:23 PM

troutonfly10 has a spectacular aura abouttroutonfly10 has a spectacular aura abouttroutonfly10 has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Bass and some Bream!

I know!!! There are only about 10 people who fish it including me, and maybe only 1 or 2 fish it in a week. Its got a weedbed that they all sit in, and being that its a bigger pond, the fish just thrive. The gills were so big i had to lip them due to not being able to grab then on the back (and I have very large hands).

Last edited by troutonfly10; 06-15-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:47 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

Congrats on the good day. Those gills are definitely FAT, have to wonder how they hit the lure, and then it must have felt like a freight train pulling on you.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:59 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

One of the reasons you can lip them is that they are Green Sunfish. Greens have a much bigger hinged mouth than a gill! They are awesome though and I've never seen that many big Greenies together at one time!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 06-15-2013, 07:59 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

Dang! I'd consider that a good day.