The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 02:59 PM

attila will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Brown and blue...

WOW. I wanna fish with you.
Old 06-21-2013, 03:48 PM

mrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to beholdmrl0004 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gannoli View Post
Great photos! Looks like you had a great time. Rock bass are one of my favorites to eat, so tasty. What setup were you using?
I had a TFO BVK 9' 5wt. It's my standard everything rod. I would love to use a 3wt, but the water is so clear in the canyon and the fish so spooky, that you have to cast a pretty good ways to have a shot at catching them. Also, there are some 5-6lb spotted bass that cruise some of the bigger pools and the 5wt would help if I somehow fooled one of them.

"Chance favors the well prepared mind." - Louis Pasteur
Old 06-22-2013, 05:37 AM

rvc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrl0004 View Post
As always! Hope you're doing well. Have you fished any one bugs lately?
Yes, indeed. It's a neat little fly. I've modified it somewhat by using a rectangular cross section piece of foam I cut from flooring foam - a kind of "Flopper Popper" with a marabou tail.

Thanks.

Rick