The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 10:41 AM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Good 9wt rods

9wt would cover bass, salmon, pike, but may be a little undergunned for the big nasty flies musky prefer
Old 07-02-2013, 01:14 PM

reidsisk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbailes View Post
i would go no lower than a 9wt. line. the scientific angler titan taper or rio outbound short will cast anything you have for bass! i own both lines and love them!!!
I just bought a Sage RPLXi 9wt. Ive read some great things about it and i cant wait. I was just about to ask what line i should get. Of the two you mentioned, what do you prefer?
Old 07-02-2013, 02:39 PM

bmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nicebmbailes is just really nice

i prefer the S.A. titan taper...its shoots very well and powers thru the wind like nothing i've ever seen.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:07 AM

justin1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbailes View Post
i would go no lower than a 9wt. line. the scientific angler titan taper or rio outbound short will cast anything you have for bass! i own both lines and love them!!!
I've been considering that Rio Outbound Short on my 9wt that I use for pike. Do you think it would handle the larger pike flies? I used to use alot of natural fibers on my flies but I've gone synthetic of late. Just much easier to cast.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:36 AM

reidsisk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin1 View Post
I've been considering that Rio Outbound Short on my 9wt that I use for pike. Do you think it would handle the larger pike flies? I used to use alot of natural fibers on my flies but I've gone synthetic of late. Just much easier to cast.
I just bought the freshwater outbound short to save some money. And the colors were better suited for fishing around here. The bass around here are pretty smart.