The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By stl_geoff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 08:12 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default A afternoon at new water

I have a friend who is getting started with fly fishing, so we went to some new water today to try and get him on some smallies, plus one of my goals for 2013 was to catch a couple smallies on the flyrod.

New water cool, very fishy looking at parts. Wet waded the whole way, caught this to start the day off..

Click the image to open in full size.

Good ole dependable longear. These are wonderful little fish. A few casts later, 2013 fishing goal met...

We went about catching a few more longears and we got to a super fishy pool/riffle. I was missing smallies left and right at the front of the pool, so I decided to needed a fly to get down alittle faster in the current. So I tied on this crayfish I came up with and bam....first cast with the fly.

SO yeah...after that I was hard pressed to take pictures. I caught a rockbass, a couple other smaller smallies and a 10" largemouth. So yeah...today was a good day.I will be back to this water.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-13-2013, 09:07 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all
Default Re: A afternoon at new water

Beautiful pics. That's a nice bass!

I am curious about your storm drain thread, though. How's it fishing?
Old 07-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Great day on the water, congrats!

Old 07-13-2013, 09:32 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond rush View Post
Beautiful pics. That's a nice bass!

I am curious about your storm drain thread, though. How's it fishing?
Thanks...the storm drain is pretty blah right now. it keeps raining and raining and raining. Whenever it rains the creek blows out and then it takes a couple days to get back to normal....then it rains again. Ugh.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-14-2013, 08:23 AM

grouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura aboutgrouch has a spectacular aura about

I think I just got motivated to try a river today that has been know to hold a smallie or two. I used to catch them back home all the time but for some reason I just haven't tried them here. Think I am going to have to change that.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:53 PM

okbow68 has a spectacular aura aboutokbow68 has a spectacular aura about

Me and the wife went to some new water last evening you know just about time when the top water action starts. I couldn't get a bite on anything not even a perch on a bugger. There's something wrong about that right there. At dark we called in a pizza while standing on one foot and the off arm in the air while standing in the back of the truck to get a signal, lol! So we had pizza and beer fish last night. Oh well could be worse.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:30 PM

boyscout is on a distinguished road

Watch out! Smallies on the fly is a worse addiction than cocain!

Congrats on reaching a noble goal. Nice fish.