The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 12:26 AM

rickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the rough
Default Heat wave in PA!

The July Christmas effect:

I took these pix six months ago from my local crappie lake:

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 07-18-2013, 06:33 AM

enolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really nice
Default Re: Heat wave in PA!

I'm wishing it was that cold right now.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-18-2013, 01:07 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by enolaeagle View Post
I'm wishing it was that cold right now.
Don't know about 'that cold' but we could use a bit less heat here in So. Oregon/Nor-Cal. Projected 98 today and could get up to 106 in a few days. And we're not even into the 'hot month' yet. Can only imagine where my electric bill for running the AC will end up.

Then again, I think (remember right) Death Valley set a new world record last week.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:00 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

It's 105 here factoring in the heat index (91 flat otherwise). Tomorrow is supposed to be 97 flat so that should feel something like 206 with heat index.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:54 PM

ryu1er is on a distinguished road

i could use some of that snow xD its been hot here in the valley
Old 07-18-2013, 05:24 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

It is hot! Sleep in the day fish at night! One thing about the heat the fish go crazy at night and thats fine by me!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 07-18-2013, 10:44 PM

rickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
It is hot! Sleep in the day fish at night! One thing about the heat the fish go crazy at night and thats fine by me!
Boz,

You nailed it, dude! That's exactly how I cope with this killer heat.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:14 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

I have been going out early mornings 5 am to about 9am and killing the smallies.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 07-19-2013, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

That's hot! I used to do more lounging in pools along my favorite mountain streams on such hot days than fishing when I lived in Northern Lycoming County for many years. I guess you've got to embrace it and make the best of your days. Here I don't look forward to -40 temps but when they happen you gotta keep on keeping on. Just a week ago I was in Oklahoma and it was 100 degrees, it was warm but I sort of enjoyed it.

Keep your cool fellows, winter will be hear soon, too soon for some of us.................

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;