The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 09:17 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of
Default Re: What is your one fish

Smallmouths in freshwater.
Striped Bass in salt.

These have been my 2 favorites for a long time!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:42 PM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

A month ago this would have been a difficult decision. But one trip down south changed all that.

Bonefish.

Mike
Old 07-24-2013, 10:04 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL...I think my answer is a real cop-out, but it is truthful. If the water is cold and clear, all that fish needs is a tail and I will be on him like a tick on a fat dogs butt.

Dave
jeepster II likes this.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:22 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

peacock bass topwater.

ARFE
Old 07-25-2013, 03:25 AM

nc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the rough

Bream!

Mike
biggie_robs and turbineblade like this.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:18 AM

kylebass91 has a spectacular aura aboutkylebass91 has a spectacular aura about

Redfish, I only caught a few on a fly rod and it was an experience I won't forget
Old 07-25-2013, 07:16 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

It has to be the Brownie. You have to be good to outwit these fellas
fysh likes this.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:08 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Wow...what ridiculously hard question but after a bit of thought, I am going with reds.

While the fish is fun once it's hooked, it's everything else that fishing for reds entails. Flats, flat boats, visually spotting a target, long casts to a small window, and quite often a visual take. On top of that, let's not forget the amazing variety of coastal wildlife one typically sees while fishing for them.

I am sure bonefish might be similar but I've never fished for them so I can't say for sure.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:13 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light

Gotta say trout. Flyfishing culture is built around them and it means trip to really neat places. I love bluegills, though. They are bread and butter.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:39 AM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
Wow...what ridiculously hard question but after a bit of thought, I am going with reds.

While the fish is fun once it's hooked, it's everything else that fishing for reds entails. Flats, flat boats, visually spotting a target, long casts to a small window, and quite often a visual take. On top of that, let's not forget the amazing variety of coastal wildlife one typically sees while fishing for them.

I am sure bonefish might be similar but I've never fished for them so I can't say for sure.
Bones are all that, for sure. And, like you, it's the sight fishing that makes the game for me. I was in my element wading the flats, stalking. Very visual. And it doesn't hurt that each hookup is a trip (or two, or three) deep into the backing.

Reds come as close as anything, though I admit to not yet chasing carp. I suspect wading for the golden bones in Michigan's U.P. might be fun. But, think about it. Michigan or the Bahamas? You decide.

Mike