The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2013, 03:02 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What is your one fish

I have to pick two.

Trout and small mouth,,,,,,,,,and in streams or rivers.

I'm just a better stream fisherman than I am a lake fisherman. Not that I don't enjoy the lake, but just looking at that big sheet of water I think 'were in the H are the fish !@?

On a stream I know..or at least I know were they 'should be.' I seem to have a good sense for every little pocket, seam or anything that will hold a fish. The lakes takes that away from me.
Hardyreels and yonder like this.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:51 AM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by john montana View Post
I am a carp guy and all...love 'em,

That said...I'd go Redfish.
John,

I'd say to stick with carp, dude! All your pix make me want to start with the carp fly thing? I can't make my mind up whether a 7wt or 8wt?

You have made a common, abundant fish something wonderful to go after with a fly rod and flies. You see them in shallow water (like sight fishing for bonefish at Belize) why a stinkin' redfish?

My brother has a big saltwater boat ......... but I still fish for bluegills 99% of the time!

My vote: Bluegills on a fly rod!

Most Red fishermen use a heavy spin with a float and a Gulp bait! Fly rods are at a real disadvantage when you target them!
Old 08-06-2013, 03:16 AM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice

Easy to answer for me:

Bluegill

They are found nearly everywhere and mostly eat insects -- ideal for fly rod.

Redfish are fun though....but they require heavier tackle and a few hours of driving.