The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By fq13
  • 2 Post By nc_cooter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 07:06 AM

fq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nicefq13 is just really nice
Default First fish since I started tying again!

I went out this morning and caught a nice fat little bass. Nothing to write home about, he was about a foot or so long. But still, given that I haven't tied anything in twenty years or so I was pretty stoked. Now (full disclosure) it was on #6 with a light green flashabou tail, a peacock herl body, a white marabou under wing and a dark green flashabou over wing. Of course he was the first and only fish, but still a nice bit of encouragement to get back to the vise.
mcnerney and mridenour like this.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:25 AM

nc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: First fish since I started tying again!

I too have just started fly fishing and tying after a 12yr. hiatus.
Tied some #10 yellow foam spiders and some #10 black rubber leg nymphs this weekend and tried them on a local pond yesterday. Caught 21 bream in 3hrs.
Mike
mcnerney and mridenour like this.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First fish since I started tying again!

Congrats to you both! There is nothing like the feeling of catching fish with a fly that you personally tied, great sense of accomplishment.

Larry