The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 07:09 PM

zum will become famous soon enough
Default Just reads

After reading a post in the general discussion section(Catskills),see some books at the end to buy.
I'm mostly interested in smallmouth but pike,chains pickerel,strippers and even trout reads,would catch my interest.
Any articles or books that you think are a must read?
Old 08-12-2013, 07:38 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Just reads

Quote:
Originally Posted by zum View Post
After reading a post in the general discussion section(Catskills),see some books at the end to buy.
I'm mostly interested in smallmouth but pike,chains pickerel,strippers and even trout reads,would catch my interest.
Any articles or books that you think are a must read?
About the Catskills or fly fishing in general? If its the latter, anything by John Gierach, Russell Chatham or Jim Harrison.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:30 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by zum View Post
smallmouth but pike,chains pickerel,strippers and even trout reads,would catch my interest.
I think reading about strippers would catch all of our interests. It's got to have a lot of pictures though.
rickf and fishers_fisherman like this.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:02 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

For the Strippers I recommend a movie. A book just wouldn't get the point across. For Stripers I would recommend this:
Fly Fishing the Surf: A Comprehensive Guide to Surf and Wade Fishing from Maine to Florida by Angelo Peluso | Barnes & Noble
theboz likes this.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:31 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I like this book for smallmouth..............and I have this one too.

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:43 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Quit getting off topic with books. We are talking about strippers here. Go on.....
Old 08-13-2013, 12:37 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
For the Strippers I recommend a movie. A book just wouldn't get the point across. For Stripers I would recommend this:
Fly Fishing the Surf: A Comprehensive Guide to Surf and Wade Fishing from Maine to Florida by Angelo Peluso | Barnes & Noble
Excellent book! Angelo is a regular guy who gives it to you straight!
That's on Stripers and other Atlantic Game Fish.
As for strippers I prefer the bar itself over movies and books!
swirlchaser likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 08-13-2013, 03:54 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

I love fishing small-mouth and trout,,but would probably pass on them both to pursue a stripper.

This begs a rod comment but I'll pass on that.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:17 PM

ditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really nice

All fishers should read some of Zane Gray's fishing books. He spent fortunes on fishing blue water, Flats, and salmon rivers.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:02 PM

zum will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the replies.
New to tapatalk and I haven't found the editing function yet.
I'll try to find the books in town...I have to travel out of town for the other,wife won't let me watch movies)