The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By theboz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2013, 03:16 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Feed bag is on!

Started getting a bit cold here Friday evening so I headed down to one of my lakes to see if it stirred anything up ! Quite a bit of bait moving close in so decided to throw some big steamers parallel to the shoreline.
Non stop action ! Eight Largemouths in an hour up to about 4 lbs and pretty much a hit or a swirl on every other cast!
Happy to have that fall feed on I called my son in WV to tell him how one of his favorite lakes was on fire and how I wish he was there!
So Saturday I return for a repeat and there is a Bass Tourney in progress and much of my shoreline is filled with boats. Ok getting dark I'll just go home but decide to hit another lake a mile down the road from this one. Boy I'm glad that I did because I got my repeat and solid action for 2 hrs ! 4 Bass landed and just as many if not more follow ups!
Get back in the car go to call my son about the action again and I see he's been trying to call me and there's a text Call Me Now!
He works at a marina at one of the big lakes there and business was slow so he decided to pound the docks and shoreline with big streamers ! And like he was right next door he hammered the fish just like I had ! He had 10 Bass big and small and a bunch if big White Crappies!
I was glad to hear that even though we are 5 1/2 hours apart we are still on the same wave length! Feed bag was on there as well as their temps had dropped like by me! I'll try to post some pics this week when I get tired of catching (not) or the action slows down!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 09-15-2013, 09:51 AM

sterling woodsman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Feed bag is on!

good to hear. hopefully we're right behind you down here in Alabama. Surprisingly cool Saturday morning when we went out. Nothing landed(except a giant catfish) but got our first bite on the lake in a month.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:25 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feed bag is on!

Hear you, hopefully here in So-Oregon too. Last two weeks have been in the high 90's to 102 degrees. That's predicted to end today ... GOD I HOPE!