The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rickf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2013, 10:15 PM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice
Default "Two Card Monte"

I was faced with a de-lima today! The Bluegills are going crazy at the top in late afternoon, and the Crappie fall bite is on in twenty feet of water.

I thought I would play some "Two Card Monte" and take my spin rod all set up for the deep Crappie, and my 3 wt with a big Woolybugger for the big Gills.

I have a Scadden Pontoon with lots of storage area.

What a blast! I caught a huge Bluegill on almost every cast when they were crusin' the top, and a couple dozen mid sized Crappie with my spin outfit.

Tight Lines,

Click the image to open in full size.

mcnerney likes this.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:38 PM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all
Default Re: "Two Card Monte"

Bluegill on Steroids Nice
Old 10-17-2013, 01:58 AM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

"When times get rough
I'll grab my spin rod
Like a bridge over troubled water"

"Sail on silver spin, your time has come to shine"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIm-YTrs4tM
Old 10-17-2013, 04:07 AM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

Hi Rick have you ever used Jig Heads with Plastics on your Fly Rod as A couple of Guys I usually fish with have caught Large Trout over here on them this past Winter while I was Fishing & Holidaying in The US so I thought They should work on your Fish in The States.
They even imported all The Gear & make all Their own Plastics of all Shapes & Sizes.
Brian
Old 10-20-2013, 04:07 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
Hi Rick have you ever used Jig Heads with Plastics on your Fly Rod as A couple of Guys I usually fish with have caught Large Trout over here on them this past Winter while I was Fishing & Holidaying in The US so I thought They should work on your Fish in The States.
They even imported all The Gear & make all Their own Plastics of all Shapes & Sizes.
Brian
Rick? Use plastics? He'd never consider such a thing!
Old 10-20-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fq13 View Post
Rick? Use plastics? He'd never consider such a thing!
LOL that's a good one, fq

I wouldn't make my own though ...... I have a love affair with Gulp Alive!