The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 06:10 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold
Default Give carp a try!

Long Shot on Vimeo
Old 10-22-2013, 09:36 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Re: Give carp a try!

Thanks for posting the video, it was interesting. You'd never think a fish that ugly could feel so beautiful on the end of a flyline
mcnerney likes this.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:47 PM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

Neat video!

They copied the start from the award winning "Once in a Blue Moon" . The coffee pot and the smoke in the chimney?
mcnerney likes this.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:32 AM

john montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the roughjohn montana is a jewel in the rough

Loved the vid...Personally, I think Erin Block is the best fly fishing writer out there right now. She and Jay obviously know carp!
mcnerney and pa dave like this.

Carp on the Fly
Old 10-24-2013, 04:08 AM

cowpokey is on a distinguished road

Very nice! They really know their carp.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:27 AM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

After watching the video again, I really like it, but I have a few comments:

Erin Block seems to be promoting a book. She tries to act like a college educated girl? LOL Nice girl, but seems to be shacking up with a semi-retarded guy Jay Zimmerman? She didn't measure the coffee before putting it in the grinder ...... probably doesn't give a sh!t? Maybe too busy writing books?

The pond seems to be polluted and in a development? All the carp had legions / sores on them. They would have had more fun with bluegills and UL fly rods, but the vid looks like carp are the only fish that can tolerate that sewage pond? I'll bet that they asked permission to fish that pond? Jay doesn't seem to be able to afford to live there?

Final point: When Jay was tying the fly, he went on and on about how the stupid sickly carp would break his line! WTF? Like I said before, he seemed semi-retarded to me!

But I still liked the vid! Fly fishing for carp is neat!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:30 AM

pa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the roughpa dave is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post

Erin Block seems to be promoting a book. She tries to act like a college educated girl? LOL Nice girl, but seems to be shacking up with a semi-retarded guy Jay Zimmerman? She didn't measure the coffee before putting it in the grinder ...... probably doesn't give a sh!t? Maybe too busy writing books?

The pond seems to be polluted and in a development? All the carp had legions / sores on them. They would have had more fun with bluegills and UL fly rods, but the vid looks like carp are the only fish that can tolerate that sewage pond? I'll bet that they asked permission to fish that pond? Jay doesn't seem to be able to afford to live there?

Final point: When Jay was tying the fly, he went on and on about how the stupid sickly carp would break his line! WTF? Like I said before, he seemed semi-retarded to me!

I believe that Erin Block is a college educated person. I'm not sure what put a burr under your tail when you posted this, but I think calling others "semi-retarded" and worrying about measuring coffee (heck, I haven't measured my coffee beans for years) is not a well thought out or carefully considered criticism.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa dave View Post
not a well thought out or carefully considered criticism.
dave,

Yeah, sorry for the comment! I was frustrated last night with a gigantic "bird nest" with my brand new PowerPro on my bait casting crappie rig!

You can't take my comments too seriously, dude! It's just free speech?
Old 10-31-2013, 04:36 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post

Im not sure how you got any of this from that video?? Looks like a couple carp addicts havin a blast to me. If I had access to a reservoire like that, Id fish it every day
Old 10-31-2013, 04:52 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jay: Thanks for sharing the video, very enjoyable. No carp around here (7,200 ft elevation). Although I did land a very nice Mirror Carp on a 5 wt rod over on the Miracle Mile last month, that definitely made my day.

Larry
twfitw and jbird like this.