The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 10:53 PM

rickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the rough
Default Arctic Blast coming? ... bring it on!

I don't mind the cold weather. I have some warm comfy cloths.

Everybody stays home and watches football, I go fly fishing!

"I'd be safe and warm, if I was in LA"

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:37 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Arctic Blast coming? ... bring it on!

Very nice rick! That's duck hunting weather, but it looks like you managed a slam.
I'm hoping for some cold down here. It brings the blues and mackeral onto the beaches and wakes up the crappie. I just bought a few shooting head sink tips so I'll be ready for the crappie.

Last edited by fq13; 10-23-2013 at 11:38 PM. Reason: sic
Old 10-24-2013, 05:52 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Rick: We have been enjoying some really warm wx (at least for this part of the country) for the past several days, so I have been taking advantage of it and going fishing everyday, but I figure the hammer will drop any day now and the cold will return.

Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Larry
mridenour likes this.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:48 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Thats a PIG of a largemouth and what is possibly the most interestingly striped pickeral I have ever seen.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-24-2013, 08:12 AM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
possibly the most interestingly striped pickeral I have ever seen.
Long nose gar?? Baby 'ski?? and a.... cover your ears... ROCK BASS!!!! AAhhhhhhhhhh!

Great pics Rick!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:08 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

That's not a good day fishing...that's an amazing day fishing! Thanks for posting. Awesome job.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:54 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
Long nose gar?? Baby 'ski?? and a.... cover your ears... ROCK BASS!!!! AAhhhhhhhhhh!

Great pics Rick!
I also thought gar but the head/bottom of the mouth shape isnt right. its definitly a member of the esox family.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-24-2013, 01:21 PM

rickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the rough

The "third" pic is a small tiger musky! Only maybe 14" ....... but I caught him with a 1 wt Orvis Superfine and a tiny streamer!

It may be the only musky ever caught on a 1 wt fly rod? I probably hold the record?

A warmwater discharge in the Susquehanna river. Snow on the ground and below freezing air temps, but I was standing in warm bath water! LOL

Old 10-24-2013, 02:22 PM

Well thats just cool as ****!!! I would agree, tiger muskie on a 1wt is the first
mridenour likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 10-24-2013, 07:18 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Nice mix of fish! The juvenile tiger is very cool looking!
Brunner Island?
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser