The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 01:50 PM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Cedar river

Hey ia_trouter,

Let me know some dates this year that will work for you. I would like to get them in my schedule to plan for. I have a new arsenal of lines and everything for this.

thanks!
Old 01-12-2014, 10:43 AM

bassbug is on a distinguished road

delopez, if nothing major changes at work I'm supposed to be in the clear lake area for most of the spring and summer.
Old 01-12-2014, 10:50 AM

delopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the roughdelopez is a jewel in the rough

Awesome! I will hit you up to do some fishing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2014, 11:02 AM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by delopez View Post
Hey ia_trouter,

Let me know some dates this year that will work for you. I would like to get them in my schedule to plan for. I have a new arsenal of lines and everything for this.

thanks!
I can be pretty flexible as it is a fairly short trip for me. Not too long after ice out is probably best, before the water warms significantly for sure. Shore or boat? I have an Alumacraft 17' 60HP Walleye boat that is a nice stable casting platform, but it isn't an option for heading up a creek mouth unless you wanna bring some spare Yamaha props. (My last new prop was cherry for less than 10 minutes is why I mention that) Just PM me some date choices if you like but you better be prepared to be little more flexible this year as we are having a real winter. Probably a good thing as far as spring fishing is concerned.
Old 01-12-2014, 11:13 AM

We can concentrate on the mouths of the creek, that way you don't ruin a perfectly good prop

Old 01-12-2014, 11:47 AM

ia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to beholdia_trouter is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by delopez View Post
We can concentrate on the mouths of the creek, that way you don't ruin a perfectly good prop

Sounds good and I am showing up with a perfectly ugly prop anyway. I'm sure the Cedar is just as treacherous as the 'sippi when you try to fish shallow. That's why everybody uses little flatbottoms, but they stink for even one person standing up in the boat.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:15 PM

I'm working on getting a mako skiff 17' for the shallow work. It draws 8" max. Should allow me to fish most places and still have enough power to jet across a lake

Old 01-12-2014, 01:21 PM

delopez just pm when your going to be in the area.

ia trouter you might have a hard time trying to find a ramp to launch from that far north.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:22 PM

There's a ramp right by Osage, IA. At least, the last time I remembered.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:44 PM

I was working in charles city in '08 during the flood and the ramp there was pretty heavily damaged. Probably been repaired by now but would be something to check into.