The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 10:40 AM

hookedonthefly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nymph Fishing In Still Water

i too am very interested in still water fishing with chronomids.. anyone willing to put together a killer chronomid selection for me? i have been doing alot of reading and watching brian chan and phil rowley things. i live in Pa, i cant wait till 3-29 opening day for still water action!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 11:51 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light

I strip streamers, and nymphs w/o an indicator. Vary speeds and depths

Dry flies get movement, too.

Warmwater fish tend to be attracted to movement on the surface. That's why poppers work for blugills and bass. Movement attracts them and they investigate. Another twitch excites a strike.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:23 PM

gregnash will become famous soon enough

Mostly have dry fly fished the higher altitude lakes around me and used some nymphing in their outlet streams. Will definitely have to try the chrominid tactics talked about here to see if I can get something. I have one lake in mind that I know the weed beds are about 15-30ft from the shore and on bright days I can watch the brookies patrol the lines. Will definitely have to give this a try and see if I can grab one of the bigger guys I know are down there.