The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By bucktail

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 02:29 PM

bucktail will become famous soon enoughbucktail will become famous soon enough
Default Finally back on here

I havent been on the forum in so long but I am finally going to get back into some posting. A quick update I transfered to University of Wisconsin Stevens Point and am attending the college of natural resources so my fall was full of fishing. I stopped by their fly fishing club and they are fantastic they had everything from touring the St.Croix factory to having Brad Bohen of Musky Country outfitters speak and trips to the driftless area and hayward to chase musky. I plan on hitting the water with bthese guys more this spring semester but a very cool club. My overall goal moving up north was to get my first pike on the fly and I managed to just that (I caught a lot) nothing huge but I plan on chasing the 30 plus inch fish in the spawn...

Click the image to open in full size.

I am also building my first rod as a winter project! its been fun so far!

Old 01-09-2014, 04:00 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally back on here

Bucktail: Sounds like you have been BUSY, great to have you posting again and congrats on that awesome looking Pike (that is still on my list). That is quite the fly fishing club, lots of great activities.

Larry

Old 01-09-2014, 09:26 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

That's a beauty of a pike on the fly. Congrats, and welcome back to the forum.

-VB
Old 01-09-2014, 10:04 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pike and nice part of the country to live in. Head a bit north of there about once a year to my in-laws' lake house. They stop in Steven's Point for kringle on their way up from Chicago
Old 01-09-2014, 10:49 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Pike ! Looks like you made a good m
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 01-09-2014, 11:39 PM

rickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the roughrickf is a jewel in the rough

Nice pike!

Be careful when you bite your fly rod!