The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 01:17 PM

dpreller is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Susquehanna Smallmouth

yeah im looking forward to hitting the smallies on the susky this year too. even bought a new kayak so i can cover more water between wades. i try to keep it simple buggers, or poppers for the most part.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:53 PM

horsehead will become famous soon enoughhorsehead will become famous soon enough

I'll be up that way the first week of May. Where would be a good place to begin looking for places to wade fish? I'll be near Lewisburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2014, 11:56 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsehead View Post
I'll be up that way the first week of May. Where would be a good place to begin looking for places to wade fish? I'll be near Lewisburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you head up the west branch around Milton area, there are quite a few different access points through Milton and around Watsontown at the White Deer Bridge.

You can even stop in at the Fort Boone Campground and talk to Russel, the owner, I'm sure that he'd let you fish from the shore there and depending on conditions, it may be wadable... but I don't walk that until mid summer when it gets real low.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 03-31-2014, 12:05 AM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboz View Post
Time for Brunner Island!
boz,

Not any more? The last few years, Brunner's Island really went downhill fast!

This year, 2014, I went there in Nov, Dec, Jan, and Feb. No warm water at all? Only cold water now! I think the environmental guys told them to cool the water before putting it in the river?

When it was a warmwater discharge, it was great fishing there and even a couple miles downstream. No cars in the parking lot anymore...... I'm not the only one.

It rained all weekend, and snowing outside now! LOL The Susquehanna will be at minor flood tomorrow. This will wreck the fishing in the river for at least a week!

Thank God for bluegills in a lake, and trout in small streams.