The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 08:02 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold
Default Count'n the days!

mcnerney, rickf, stl_geoff and 1 others like this.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:17 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Count'n the days!

Yep, roll on the spring
jbird likes this.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:24 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Can't be here soon enough!
jbird and buddhist_palm like this.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:26 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Wait I need more time to tie flies.... nah I can tie and fish in the same day.
jbird likes this.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:55 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

One more

rickf, craigthor and buddhist_palm like this.
Old 02-14-2014, 01:29 AM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

Thanks so very much!

Looks almost exactly like the Susquehanna (only my river is a bit wider)

The smallmouth here are declining a bit, but the carp are increasing big time? If no bass, I'll switch to a big beadhead nymph?

This year I've got to get a pair of sunglass / hd video camera. I've just got to get some video of my fishing trips?

What camera did you use to take those vids?
jbird likes this.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:12 AM

These vids were shot with my windows phone clipped to my belt. Its so easy to use, you just touch the screen anywhere to start and stop filming. I have it in an otter box that clips securely to a belt
craigthor likes this.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:53 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Yep...only a few months away now....I have my new creeks already staked out. I just need to find parking at ONE more and i'll be golden

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 02-14-2014, 11:54 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Totally can't wait!! Once the ice melts and the river does it's flooding thing, it's game on!
Old 02-14-2014, 07:01 PM

boyscout is on a distinguished road

Nice videos! Me likes the music on the last one.

That first video, that fish must have jumped over 6 ft.

Is it me or do smallies lose about 25% to 50% of their size from the time you hook them till the time you land it.

I swear, every smallie I hook does that.

It's goes like this...

cast
strip strip
hookup
hard pull (pulls like a 3 pounder)
jumps 4 feet in the air (looks like a 3 pounder)
get him in close (looks like a 2 pounder)
land and weigh
he goes a pound and a half

That being said, I ain't complaining. Catching a smallie any size is always special.

Boyscout

Heck, can't make a post without showing a pic. This was one of those days it all just worked. BTW, pic makes it look bigger than it was. I have small hands and that Battenkill reel is far enough away from the lens it makes fish look bigger. Just a very pretty fish.

Click the image to open in full size.