The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 07:47 PM

flyfisher76544 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to flyfisher76544
Default Re: unexpected catch a first

Nice... always love catching cats on a fly!!!
ejsell likes this.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:23 PM

king joe will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
The clam is excellent!!
Mussel...its a freshwater mussel...and looks to be a Black Sand mussel (the species)

Just sayin'

King Joe Outa Here!
Old 07-23-2014, 03:25 PM

ejsell has a spectacular aura aboutejsell has a spectacular aura aboutejsell has a spectacular aura about

Actually there are 17 types of mussels found in this river and I don't think the black sand is one of them. The only reason I know that is because I live in the flood zone and a rare mussel was found when they spent 3 years on a mussel survey for part of the federal flood study. Search Blanchard River and mussels for the report and type. And if it's the rare one, I didn't purposely catch it and I gently put it back where I caught it
Old 07-23-2014, 03:37 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I have caught two clams in my life, and they think catching carp is tough.

Dave
ejsell likes this.
Old 07-23-2014, 05:33 PM

darkshadow is a splendid one to beholddarkshadow is a splendid one to beholddarkshadow is a splendid one to beholddarkshadow is a splendid one to beholddarkshadow is a splendid one to beholddarkshadow is a splendid one to beholddarkshadow is a splendid one to behold

Now THAT'S a mighty fine trifecta, my friend.
ejsell likes this.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:12 AM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light

I caught my first cat on a the fly a few weeks back. Got him on a wooley bugger. Fun little fish...but man...I hate cat fish.
ejsell likes this.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:50 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

I caught this bad boy this past weekend. Put up quite a fight.

Click the image to open in full size.
lthrnk03 and ejsell like this.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:36 PM

clay tonian will become famous soon enough

interesting how cats (at least channels and bullheads) will jump when hooked on fly but never on gear...
Old 07-29-2014, 03:48 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejsell View Post
Caught my second cat a couple of weeks ago in the same river but miles from the first. I was actually on my cell phone when it hit. (I know, bad form to be on the phone while fishing but I couldn't ignore my mom, especially when she was watching my kids for me.)

Click the image to open in full size.
Great looking fish, congrats!
ejsell likes this.