The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jwthought81
  • 1 Post By bigjim5589

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2014, 05:49 PM

bdon7722 is on a distinguished road
Default unknown bass spots in nj?

Hello I have been doing a lot of bass fishing this summer and am getting tired of the spots I am going to. I normally go to either Swartswood Lake, Paulinskill Lake, or Spring Lake. I haven't had much luck in these spots. I usually fish from the banks but I do have a kayak I could use. I have heard of people going to smaller lakes or pond like places and having great luck. Not sure where to go though. I know of one place that i near me but no one is a loud to fish there anymore. any one want to share some locations?
Thank you!
Old 07-22-2014, 06:28 PM

jwthought81 will become famous soon enoughjwthought81 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: unknown bass spots in nj?

I'm not sure if this is one of those "no spot burning" sites, but where in Jersey are you?
Old 07-22-2014, 07:08 PM

bdon7722 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwthought81 View Post
I'm not sure if this is one of those "no spot burning" sites, but where in Jersey are you?
I am in northern new jersey. I live near Newton nj if you have ever heard of that.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:37 AM

jwthought81 will become famous soon enoughjwthought81 will become famous soon enough

Im from South Jersey, but spend a decent amount of time fishing the Delaware water gap. Not sure how far from you that is , but you should look into it.
bdon7722 likes this.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:01 PM

fishfirst92 is on a distinguished road

Where by newton are you? I live in Stillwater, Swartswood is my backyard and fish there frequently. Those are the waters I grew up on, I know of a few spots you could do some damage
Old 03-01-2015, 02:10 PM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

bdon7722, I can't help you with NJ, never fished up that way, but will say that Google Maps & Google Earth can be a great resource when looking for new water.

I did a quick search for your area & it appears there's a lot of water up there. Of course access or whether they would be worthwhile to fish is a different matter, but should give you some ideas.

I grew up fly fishing a tidal creek near my house & although there were no bass, I caught a lot of fish & that helped me with bass once I was old enough to get around on my own. I didn't have such resources as this forum, or the internet for that matter, so you guys have that advantage.

fishfirst92, welcome to the forums & that's a great first post!

If any of you guys get here to MD, I know a lot of places for bass!
ditz likes this.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!