The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 09:02 AM

ditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura aboutditz has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Help Please!

In the first place two failures out of two fish is not a telling fact and one of those was a hook coming out of the fishes mouth. Come back with the same question after you have had 8 or 10 failures in a row. My guess is that at that point you will be able to answer your own question......at this point my guess your problem is inexperience.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:42 AM

Vans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud ofVans has much to be proud of

I generally use 1x or 2x. Sometimes if im gonna be in the big river chasing the bigger fish i use a 0x.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:46 PM

lthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of lightlthrnk03 is a glorious beacon of light

Agreeing with everyone else as far as experience is concerned.... I also recommend buying a spool of flouro, 12lb. Twist up your own leaders... Which in this case would give you a 36lb butt section, down to 24lb and finish off with just a 12lb tippet of flouro. This should give you plenty of muscle to fight fish along with abrasion resistance of flouro.