The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 10 Post By nick k
  • 2 Post By nick k
  • 2 Post By qacwac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2014, 07:43 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Float tubing grand slam

Took my tube out for the first time this year. Had am awesome time using the 0wt on it, and I managed to hit the trifecta.

Sorry for poor quality photos.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Float tubing grand slam

Very nice, congrats on those beautiful fish!

Old 08-17-2014, 08:04 PM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
my tube out using the 0wt on it,
nick,

Excellent! I'm looking for a 0 wt for just the very same thing.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:52 AM

ditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really nice

OH Man....I am sure you had a great time......

Hey Nick, are you using a Sage 0wt line on your rod?
Old 08-18-2014, 08:01 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditz View Post
OH Man....I am sure you had a great time......

Hey Nick, are you using a Sage 0wt line on your rod?
I'm actually using an Orvis Superfine 1wt line on it. I had a bunch or gift cards to Orvis and 1wt was as low as their lines went. Didn't really want to pay out of pocket for an expensive Sage 0wt line, and I don't think the rod or myself can really tell the difference.
rickf and Flygrain like this.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:20 PM

qacwac will become famous soon enough

Congrats.

I was fishing the Green one day last week and caught a rainbow, brookie, couple browns, and a couple whitefish. Was hoping for a cutthroat to make it a complete day.
bigjim5589 and nick k like this.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:43 AM

ditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really niceditz is just really nice

Thanks Nick....I am still trying to talk myself into building one of those 0wt rods. I have built several rods in the past but I did not enjoy it and promised myself that I was done with building. $625 for a store bought rod turns my stomach and makes me consider the unconsiderable. Wished I had a local 'buddy' that would build it for me. .....As dad used to say " if wishes were horses beggars would ride"......
Old 08-19-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditz View Post
Thanks Nick....I am still trying to talk myself into building one of those 0wt rods. I have built several rods in the past but I did not enjoy it and promised myself that I was done with building. $625 for a store bought rod turns my stomach and makes me consider the unconsiderable. Wished I had a local 'buddy' that would build it for me. .....As dad used to say " if wishes were horses beggars would ride"......
Ditz - You can actually buy a fully built 0wt from the same place I got my blanks (RDPflyrods.com) for $160-180 depending on length and pieces. Given how much I am enjoying the blanks, I'm sure their built rods would be great. The owner is also a very nice guy from my few interactions with him.