The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 11:30 PM

Joey W is on a distinguished road
Default bass/bream info

looking for any info i can get on fly fishing for bass and panfish..
juicy stuff like fly selection, techniques, articles, websites, etc..

many thanks..
Old 06-03-2008, 01:45 PM

Default Re: bass/bream info

a little disappointed! i thought i'd get home from work today and have some good info..

oh well, back to google..
Old 06-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Joey,

I think your problem is you asked a really broad question. It would take a lot of effort for someone to sit down and gather all of the information you asked about. Next time you should try to target your question to one topic.

Google is a good tool for articles. You can also do searches using the NAFFF search tool.

Frank
Old 06-03-2008, 05:19 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Look for information, patterns and books by Terry & Roxanne Wilson.
Their stuff works and most flies aren't all that hard to tie, like the Bully Spider.
http://www.warmwaterflyfisher.com/ja...s_bluegill.htm
Old 06-03-2008, 09:35 PM

my mistake. i phrased my post wrong. im not looking for someone to provide me with every piece of info. really just looking for anything. i love to read websites, watch videos, and try to learn as much as i can..

thanks for the info jackster; that's a great website and i'll check out the books..
Old 06-04-2008, 12:33 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

This article might help.

Fly Fishing Techniques, Fly Fishing for Bass - MidCurrent
Old 06-04-2008, 01:25 AM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

got a book from the library called fly fishing for smallmouth by bob clouser! great book!! I learned lots but to buy it, it cost 40 bux!!! try a chartruese and white clouser. they say its the most productive clouser pattern

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I agree on the Chartreuse and white. And yes, Mr. Clouser is the dean of smallmouth on the fly.

Joey, the search function on this site will get you WEEKS worth of reading on the topic.

Another thought- streamers that include zonker strips (rabbit hide) really get bass excited. This is a great one- http://www.flyfisherman.com/ftb/Red%20Neck%20Rabbit.pdf

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:44 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

great looking pattern cliff. I got everything but the red hackle... I got olive and black and white hackle tho. caugth me 40 to 50 gills on a griffins gnat and my buddy on a adams did also. try foam bugs,dries, buggers, Minnow patterns etc.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

When I tie those I skip the hackle and wrap the estaz/chenille up around the eyes to give it a bulkier head. Lots of color combos are available with the two materials. Those with a black zonker are one of the best catfish catching flies out there.

These could work REAL well- Click the image to open in full size.

from Zonkers, Fox, Bear, Yak, Hair's Mask

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.