The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008, 11:21 PM

digitalbiker is on a distinguished road
Default New Bass Fly Rods from Sage

Has anyone tried the new speciality bass fly rods from Sage? They supposedly throw a custom WF fly line of 250 and 350 gms. respectively. Both are 4 piece 7 1/2 foot rods. For $350.00 you get the line, rod, and custom case.

They sound really interesting but I wondered if anyone here had personal experience with them yet.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:10 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New Bass Fly Rods from Sage

Both of those rods are unbelievable. They are designed to load and throw a lightweight bass or pike fly a country mile. I've played with both a few times on the lake and at my local shop's 25th aniversary BBQ yesterday. They come with 290 or 330 grain shooting lines.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalbiker View Post
Has anyone tried the new speciality bass fly rods from Sage? They supposedly throw a custom WF fly line of 250 and 350 gms. respectively. Both are 4 piece 7 1/2 foot rods. For $350.00 you get the line, rod, and custom case.

They sound really interesting but I wondered if anyone here had personal experience with them yet.
Sorry, when I wrote this I was working from memory. After checking the site the actual fly line weights are 290 grs. and 330 grs. Both rods are 7' 11" long. Supposedly they are very stiff but can easily cast heavy bass flys even in windy conditions.

The new bass rods are named "Small Mouth Bass" for the 290 and "Large Mouth Bass" for the 330. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has tried these rods yet.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:13 AM

troutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to beholdtroutdoorsman is a splendid one to behold

Both of those rods are unbelievable. They are designed to load and throw a lightweight bass or pike fly a country mile. I've played with both a few times on the lake and at my local shop's 25th aniversary BBQ yesterday. They come with 290 or 330 grain shooting lines. I suggest buying one if you have the chance.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:18 AM

Thanks for the info.

I would like a Bass Fly rod as all I have right now is a 4 wt rod for trout fishing. I usually use my spinning rod & reel for bass fishing. So I am thinking hard about buying one of these two.
Old 06-22-2008, 11:28 AM

At $350.00 you can't go wrong. It is a rod that you can use for almost any type of fishing. Bass, Pike, Muskie, Striper, Steelhead and also streamer fishing for trout.