The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 08:55 AM

jcl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I need your suggestion

How'd the trip work out?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:01 AM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

I just got back yesterday.

We got to the ponds and they where so muddy you couldn'y see anything 2 inches under the surface. We just about ran out of water the first day. 1 bottle was all we had left after the first day. so then we went down to the place we where goin to camp at, lower missouri river wish i couldve fly fished there but it is to muddy, and i was lucky enough to be able to make a setline and fish. down there i caught 4 cats in th 5 pound range, 2 bigger goldeye, 4 stonecats, and a pallid sturgeon.

So my bass fishing didn't go good but i had fun at least.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 08-13-2008, 11:07 AM

jcl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutwhisperer View Post
So my bass fishing didn't go good but i had fun at least.
Well, that's the main thing. And catching the sturgeon's got to be a pretty rare and amazing experience.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:02 PM

Troutwhisperer will become famous soon enoughTroutwhisperer will become famous soon enough

especially a pallid they are the rarest in the missouri river drainage. the rarest in montana is the white sturgeon in the kootenai.

"I have a river runs through it on blue ray, so yeah, I guess you could say I know a thing or two about fly fishing."

http://mtwhitefish.blogspot.com
Old 08-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I love my rods and reels. I really love Trout and Salmon,Char and Grayling. I have been fly fishing for these species for many years with great results.

For Bass, I kid you not, nothing beats a lip hooked Shiner for getting the attention of a Small-mouth Bass. I used to be stubborn about never touching "Bait" and sticking to my flies. Back in 99 while float fishing the West Branch of the Susquehanna River in PA. I gave in to the Dark Side and tried it. My host fixed me up with a rod and reel and a Shiner and Wow! Every cast, a fish every cast, no weight just toss them out and wait, BAM!

For Bass, use bait young Skywalker, use bait.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:24 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

When you have the right conditions for stream bass, tie on a pearl shiner size 4 or even a #2. Lightly weighted it will swim through a hole like the real thing, and the smallies will hammer it...Use the force Young Skywalker....

Dan