The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 PM

tgoodwater2002 will become famous soon enough
Default My new float tube!!

Hey, I have been waiting for a decent day here in Omaha, NE. Today was the day. It was a little windy, but then again it's always windy here. I have never fished out of a float tube before. I had a hard time getting use to the fins but after I relaxed it wasn't to bad. I was a bit cold but I did manage to catch 2 small bluegill. That made it all worth it!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Float Tube '09.jpg (93.3 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg First in Tube.jpg (101.0 KB, 144 views)
Old 03-29-2009, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: My new float tube!!

It's great that you are able to get out. I have ice yet. What else is living in the lake for you to fish for? Don't get that wrong, Bluegills are better than no fish and they are pretty too.

What kind of tube?
Old 03-29-2009, 11:26 PM

That is Lost Lake float tube from Bass Pro Shop. I got it on sale!!! Those are always good!

There are Largemouth bass, crappie, bluegill and catfish. And alot of Canadian Geese!! It's a medium size lake with lots of trees in it!
Old 03-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi tgoodwater2002,

That looks like a nice setup. Way to go.

Frank
Old 03-30-2009, 09:35 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Nice set-up, you'll enjoy fishing from it greatly...

Dan
Old 04-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Nice tube and beautiful BG. Now that you can get out in the water, you got to try Deep Nymphing this spring / summer/ fall.
Just remember, if you transport your tube inflated, to let about 1/3 of the air out so it can expand if it needs too. Altitude and Temps can really effect tubes and toons. More blow outs are because of that.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:57 PM

Hey, Joni!

Thanks for the advise. I will definatly try nymphing this summer out of that thing.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:35 PM

Location: South Florida & the White Mountains of New Hampshire
MAD777 will become famous soon enough

Hey! That looks like a lot of fun! Sorta like a Lazy-Boy recliner on the water!

Probably wouldn't be a good idea for me though. I fish in waters with lots of alligators. Not good to dangle body parts
Old 06-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
Hey! That looks like a lot of fun! Sorta like a Lazy-Boy recliner on the water!

Probably wouldn't be a good idea for me though. I fish in waters with lots of alligators. Not good to dangle body parts

AHHHH! But it would work:

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:12 PM

dryflywaters will become famous soon enough

Nice set up - I have alwas wanted a belly boat of some kind. I don't know much about them though. This looks pretty cool.
JW
http://dryflywaters.com/