My new float tube!!

tgoodwater2002

Reaction score
Hey, I have been waiting for a decent day here in Omaha, NE. Today was the day. It was a little windy, but then again it's always windy here. I have never fished out of a float tube before. I had a hard time getting use to the fins but after I relaxed it wasn't to bad. I was a bit cold but I did manage to catch 2 small bluegill. That made it all worth it!!

Attachments

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
It's great that you are able to get out. I have ice yet. What else is living in the lake for you to fish for? Don't get that wrong, Bluegills are better than no fish and they are pretty too.

What kind of tube?

tgoodwater2002

Reaction score
That is Lost Lake float tube from Bass Pro Shop. I got it on sale!!! Those are always good!

There are Largemouth bass, crappie, bluegill and catfish. And alot of Canadian Geese!! It's a medium size lake with lots of trees in it!

Joni

Reaction score
Nice tube and beautiful BG. Now that you can get out in the water, you got to try Deep Nymphing this spring / summer/ fall.
Just remember, if you transport your tube inflated, to let about 1/3 of the air out so it can expand if it needs too. Altitude and Temps can really effect tubes and toons. More blow outs are because of that.

tgoodwater2002

Reaction score
Hey, Joni!

Thanks for the advise. I will definatly try nymphing this summer out of that thing. :icon_lol:

Joni

Reaction score
Hey! That looks like a lot of fun! Sorta like a Lazy-Boy recliner on the water!

Probably wouldn't be a good idea for me though. I fish in waters with lots of alligators. Not good to dangle body parts :yikes:

AHHHH! But it would work:

dryflywaters

Reaction score
Nice set up - I have alwas wanted a belly boat of some kind. I don't know much about them though. This looks pretty cool.
JW