The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 12:37 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally got my hunnie into a set of waders

Finally got my wife into a set of waders and out on the lake for some casting practice. The Bass are there, but ducking the flying crystal bugger and adjusting her cast left little time to actually fish.
We had a great time and it was certainly better to see her instead of my ugly fishing buddies (sorry guys...) Maybe next time we'll get those waders in the water.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00478-20090408-0914.jpg (12.5 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00486-20090408-1002.jpg (9.6 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00484-20090408-0945.jpg (8.8 KB, 79 views)
Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Finally got my hunnie into a set of waders

Swril,

I had to switch my wife over to the fly rod and last year I got her her first set of breathable waders. No more complaints about being too warm in the neo's. I hope you can keep her into it.

Ard
Old 04-09-2009, 01:47 PM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute

I hope so too. This means I get to buy more gear I'm already checking what I don't have doubles of. Plus I reel with my right hand so shared reels would be a pain...
Old 04-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

swirlchaser: That might back fire, she gets all the new stuff and you get the left overs! LOL!

Larry
Old 04-09-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
swirlchaser: That might back fire, she gets all the new stuff and you get the left overs! LOL!

Larry

LOL, If I do it early on she won't know the difference
Old 04-09-2009, 08:27 PM

rag will become famous soon enough

My wife is starting flyfishing this year. Now I have to buy 2 of everything. Tying flies....instead of 6, I now have to tie 12.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:42 PM

fishingfly7 will become famous soon enough
Re: Finally got my hunnie into a set of waders

How did you do it ? did you let her go shopping or what? help me get my wife into a set of waders!
Old 04-09-2009, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfly7 View Post
How did you do it ? did you let her go shopping or what? help me get my wife into a set of waders!
DIAMOND STUDDED WOOLY BUGGERS...

Actually I've been a saltwater fisherman my entire life and she never wanted any part of that, heavy gear, slimy bait and running out at at 1AM to catch a full moon and the right tide didn't interest her.
I started salt water fly fishing a few years ago and still no interest. This year I started fishing large mouth bass again (I haven't fished fresh water in about 18 years). I took her with me scouting all the lakes and ponds I fished as a kid and she enjoyed the scenery, ponds, trees, ducks, geese and before I knew it she was ready to put on some waders.
My best advise is leave the rods home and take a day to check out a few fishing holes, if she enjoys the trip you'll probably get her to fish next time out.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:29 AM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough

i had a girlfriend a few years ago who got into fly fishing with me. i bought her some waders and she really enjoyed it, outfishing buddies of mine at times.

we're fishing the tuolumne river in yosemite using motorola radios amongst the four of us. buddies are just out of sight around a bend fishing together. she and i are catching fish every few casts.

on the radio:
she: baby! this is so easy and fun!!! how come THEY'RE not catching anything?????
me: shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

she got an.... augmentation later. and they no longer fit. chuckling....

eric
fresno, ca.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:34 AM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife has always jumped into everything I do 110%. However, she only
wants the fun part of everything. Sailing: I spend an hour getting the boat
ready, and then she takes over. FF'ing: I get all the gear strung up (more
of a pain than it sounds!), and then she fishes. We've been fishing together
since college, and she's never once tied a knot of any sort. When we canoe,
she does paddle, but it makes little difference . Oh well, there's never a
problem buying gear, or going out and having fun. Most men I know think I'm
the luckiest guy they've ever met. I'd have to agree with that....mostly

P.S. How many 47-yr-old women have you seen playing with R/C monster
trucks...LOL?????