The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 07:28 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: EASY and good bream fly

Great minds think alike!

Bear, your fly looks very similar to a fly popularized by Terry & Roxanne Wilson. They call their fly Bully's Bluegill Spider -

The Bluegill Pond - Bully's Bluegill Spider - Yellow (Powered by CubeCart)

It's a very popular and effective fly for subsurface bluegills. As Bear pointed out, the secret is where to put the weight.

This page has a pretty good video showing the tying sequence -

Bully's Bluegill Spider Fly Tying Video - Adventures in Fly Tying with Fly Fish Ohio

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo
Old 05-07-2009, 08:55 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

God looking easy pattern...Nice Tye Bear.

Dan
Old 05-12-2009, 08:27 PM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough

That bluegill spider is awsome. I picked up a few and fished them the last two nights. I used a Betts mini popper as the dropper fly and tied on the Spider about 18" behind. The blue was all over these combo. The spider was weighted enough to pull the popper down very slowly. Besides the bluegills I caught I also caught several crappie and 1/2 dozen or so of bass. I was using fishing the yellow tonight but had similar results yesterday with olive.