The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 08:18 AM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough
Default Bluegill Bully's Review

I purchased a bunch of different colors of the Bluegill Bully fly at the recommendation of this board. I have to say this is the best bait of any kind I have used for pan fish bar none. Olive and yellow seems to be the most productive. Last night I recorded the 65th fish on one fly that I fished as a dropper off of a small popper. The fly not only catches fish but is extremely durable. Most of the fish inhale the fly and I have to ruff it out which attests to the durability. I will be curious if this fly continues to work as the summer comes along and water temps climb.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Bluegill Bully's Review

Hi Tracker12,

Is your flies the same as the Bluegill Bully's Spider?

Take a look at the Pan Fish Spider I cam across looking for the Bully. I like it.

Frank

Bluegill Bully's Spider.
Click the image to open in full size.

Pan Fish Spider
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:50 AM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough

That is one in the same. Bought them from them.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:34 AM

jcl is on a distinguished road

This is good to hear. I've tied a few of these up recently, but hadn't considered fishing them under a popper. I'm anxious to get them out on the water.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:51 PM

I use a Betts popper and then run a dropper about 18" off of that. Just cast it out and let the Bully sink. Strip and let it sink. Usually if i do not get a hit by this time I cast it again to another spot working thbank or area of cover. 98% of the time they hit it when it hits the water or soon after.