The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2009, 11:53 AM

flyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 6wt or 7wt for smallies

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruggy1 View Post
Heres some flies I tied for both large and smallmouths, these are tied on size 2 and 4 saltwater hooks and are used with my 4 and 6wt.

i'm diggin' that frog!
UPSTREAM, publisher
Fly Fishing News, columnist
Old 05-25-2009, 12:27 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

That is a pretty cool froggie
Bear
Old 05-25-2009, 12:41 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

Here is a bass fly that looks like a little bluegill, its just olive marabou and black flash along the back with yellow marabou on the belly and orange marabou on the throat. Got the idea from the fly I tied and the fly BlueBird tied from the streamer swap I did.
Bear
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1791.jpg (87.9 KB, 44 views)
Old 05-25-2009, 12:43 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice, Bear! I had to hit the rep button for you and kruggy after seeing
these bass patterns.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:02 PM

flyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
these bass patterns.

well, hell! i'm a shameless rep *****. here's a pic of my bassomatic in chartreuse-n-white. i also tie them in black, brown-n-rust, and a blue crab variant for saltwater that i call the blue bayou.

Click the image to open in full size.
UPSTREAM, publisher
Fly Fishing News, columnist
Old 05-25-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankB2 View Post
these bass patterns.
Well thank you sir
Bear
Old 05-25-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy66 View Post
well, hell! i'm a shameless rep *****. here's a pic of my bassomatic in chartreuse-n-white. i also tie them in black, brown-n-rust, and a blue crab variant for saltwater that i call the blue bayou.

Pretty cool fly
Bear
Old 05-25-2009, 01:08 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ken, I got you covered . I tie my wooly buggers with bead chain, but
haven't used the silly leg material I bought a year ago. I'm going to tie some
up before going fishing this afternoon, and your fly reminded me to try some
new material.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:11 PM

While we are complaminting I meant to ya Frank that bass and cat are dang nice fish, and for a 5wt even nicer.
Isnt hooking into a big ol' fish on a light rod fun
Bear
Old 05-25-2009, 01:16 PM

kruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy66 View Post

Thats cool looking fly, that will work for sure,NICE TIE!!!