The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > Warmwater Fly Fishing

Warmwater Fly Fishing Bass, Bream, Perch, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 11:28 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly
Default a mouse for bass

gonna try this pattern on pond largemouth and river smallies. posted the recipes video on the fly pattern section. think it will work good for bass? simple to tie. its a 5 to 10 min job! rubber legs, foam and deer hair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNV33200.JPG (79.7 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg SNV33185.JPG (81.2 KB, 160 views)

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:33 AM

glassroddr has a spectacular aura aboutglassroddr has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: a mouse for bass

Looks good! I'm always on the lookout for new bass bug patterns. I find most mouse patterns a lot of work to tie, but this one looks quick and easy
And just in time for our local bass season opener!

Marc
Old 06-16-2009, 06:38 AM

MikeG will become famous soon enough

That should work well. I use mouse patterns in weed mess and lily pads pop it along the top and some large LM bass should pop up for it.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I also think it looks pretty great, and nice and easy. Only thing I would do different is just use a normal rubber band for the tail. Should be a little easier and look more realistic.

I'll check out the video and likely tie some up.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:53 AM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light

Nice fly!

I might be copying that one. I like easy ties.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Big for the tail again...try it on trout too(I saw a german angler catching a 10 pound bow on a mouse)
Old 06-16-2009, 01:03 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Is that tied on a stainless steel hook ???
Old 06-16-2009, 02:47 PM

dryflywaters will become famous soon enough

Easy ties for bass are great. I find that the bass rip my flies apart quick. I also tend to hook into a pike or two when fishing for bass and they destroy flies so I like easy and quick ties.
http://dryflywaters.com/
Old 06-16-2009, 09:27 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

ya this is easy to tie. never messed with deer hair or weed guards till that fly and If I can do it anyone can.. haha. I used it today for largemouth in a pond and caught a few smaller bass and even some gills. only fished it 40 mins tho then I hit the river and even had a river smallie take a swipe at it but somehow I missed it! he was a beast!!! the just bass loved this fly and so did I! it casts far even with a 5wt and does not twist up your leader. the tail caught the hook a couple times but thats about the only con I seen to it. it also floated forever! I will try that tail. also a tail of pink chenille like joni's mouse would be killer on it. that mouses tial wiggles like a champ! the rubber leg tail worked decent tho. it wiggled some. here is a pic of a lil bass I got on it. how would you guys fish this pattern? like small strip strip strips? or a strip pause a few seconds strip pause??? I switched up my retrieves all day but still wasn't sure what was better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SNV33203.JPG (79.1 KB, 110 views)

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:57 AM

Tracker12 will become famous soon enoughTracker12 will become famous soon enough

I move my mouse with a constant one inch pull. It is very slow and seems to get good reactions. Pike and muskie love them.